Scott Calhoun is the creator and director of the U2 Conference.
I welcome the opportunity to connect with you about U2 and discuss the band’s music, work, and influence, or talk about any of our mutual interests. Please send me an e-mail at the address below.
* I have been a staff writer for @U2 since 2004.
* I am a curator for U2: Made in Dublin at The Little Museum of Dublin, and a member of the museum’s advisory board.
* My interviews for @U2 include:
* I am the editor of and a contributor to Exploring U2: Is This Rock ‘n’ Roll? (Scarecrow Press, 2011; 2014 paperback).
* I am the editor of the forthcoming book U2 Across, Above, and Beyond: Interdisciplinary Assessments (Lexington Books, 2014).
* I edit the Rowman & Littlefield Tempo book series on rock, pop, and culture.
* I co-edit the Lexington Press series of academic studies on rock and popular music called For the Record.
* I am a professor of English at Cedarville University.
* My full academic vita is available here..
* My Ph.D. is in English, with a specialization in Rhetoric and Composition, from Bowling Green State University (OH). My research and teaching interests are mainly in:
- U2′s music, work, and influence
- The thought and works of C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien
- The imagination, the numinous, and the uses of enchantment
- Rhetorical, literary, and narrative theories
- The products of culture, cultural engagement, and fandom
* I live in Xenia, Ohio, with my wife and five children.
* Please write me by sending an e-mail to: