Dr. Scott Calhoun is the creator and director of the U2 Conference.
I welcome the opportunity to connect with you about U2 and discuss the band’s music, work, and influence, or talk about any of our mutual interests. Please send me an e-mail at the address below.
* I have been a staff writer for @U2 since 2004.
* I am a curator for U2: Made in Dublin at The Little Museum of Dublin, and a member of the museum’s advisory board.
* My interviews for @U2 include:
* I am the editor of and a contributor to Exploring U2: Is This Rock ‘n’ Roll? (Scarecrow Press, 2011; 2014 paperback).
* I am the editor of U2 Above, Across, and Beyond: Interdisciplinary Assessments (Lexington Books, 2014).
* I edit the Rowman & Littlefield Tempo book series on rock, pop, and culture.
* With Jason Forde, I co-created and maintain U2fanstories.com
* I am a professor of English at Cedarville University.
* I was named the 2015 Faculty Scholar of the Year at Cedarville University.
* My full academic vita is available here.
- U2’s music, work, and influence
- The thought and works of C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien
- The imagination, the numinous, and the uses of enchantment
- Rhetorical, literary, and narrative theories
- The products of culture, cultural engagement, and fandom
* I live in Xenia, Ohio, with my wife and five children.
* Please write me by sending an e-mail to: